Transfer Credit to EGCC
Transfer students must comply with all admission procedures for Eastern Gateway Community College and its program delivery partners. An official evaluation of transfer credit will not be completed until the student has been admitted to EGCC, has submitted official transcripts from all attended post-secondary institutions and has completed an EGCC Transcript Evaluation Request form.
An official transcript is one that has been received directly from the issuing institution. Records that have been opened or have been in the hands of the student (i.e. student copies of transcripts, grade reports, diplomas) are not considered official documents.
Procedure for Evaluation of College Transcripts
1. Complete all Eastern Gateway admission procedures prior to requesting evaluation of college level and/or military transcripts.
2. Complete and return the second page of the Transcript Evaluation Form packet to the Admissions Office or submit online by clicking here.
3. You are required to request an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT from the appropriate official of each separate institution of higher education attended. Complete a Request for Official Transcript form (first page of the Transcript Evaluation Request form packet) for each institution you attended. This includes:
- In-state college transcripts
- Out-of-state college transcripts
- International transcripts
- Military transcripts
- AP/CLEP transcripts
Request the transcript be mailed directly to:
Eastern Gateway Community College
Jefferson County Campus
4000 Sunset Boulevard
Steubenville, OH 43952
4. Your transcripts will be evaluated by the Transfer Coordinator.
5. You will receive a letter of credit acceptance from the Student Records office when your evaluation is complete. Your evaluation becomes part of your permanent student file.