A student seeking to enter the United States to attend Eastern Gateway Community College, on campus, as an international student or to transfer to EGCC from another U.S. college or university must submit the following documentation no later the 3 months prior to the start of the semester they wish to attend.
*It is important to note that Eastern Gateway is approved to accept students to our Jefferson Campus in Steubenville, Ohio only and does not provide housing.
- An application for admission.
- A statement of intent to enroll full-time in the intended associate degree and curriculum.
- An official secondary school transcript.
- TOEFL Score of 550 or IELTS score of 6.5.
- A certified financial (bank) statement from your sponsor indicating a total amount accessible for total cost of education and living expenses exceeding $13,335 for one year.
- A statement from your housing sponsor verifying housing throughout the duration of enrollment.
- Transfer students must also submit the International Transfer Form.
Once all application documents are received and acceptance granted, we will begin the process through the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to issue or transfer the I-20.
Once accepted and in the United States we will also need to provide the following prior to enrollment:
- Proof of active U.S. health insurance.
- Current Immunization Record.
- Placement testing scores (test is taken at EGCC)