Admissions & Enrollment Checklist
- APPLY: Complete and submit an Application for Admission.
- FINANCIAL AID: If you are in need of financial aid, it is VERY important that you apply as soon as you consider college as the process varies per individual and could take weeks to complete. To begin, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online by first signing up for a pin at www.pin.ed.gov and then visiting www.fafsa.gov to complete the application. Be sure to include our school code: 007275. Completing the FAFSA online is just the first step in requesting federal aid. You will receive mail correspondence from the EGCC Financial Aid Department once we are notified of your federal application. It is important to watch for the mailed correspondence as it notifies you of your financial aid status and whether we require additional verification forms before any possible aid is granted. Click here for more Financial Aid information.
- PROOF OF HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION OR EQUIVALENT: You must request your official high school transcript or GED transcript be sent to the address below directly from the granting institution as proof of high school graduation or equivalency if you would like to receive financial aid, enroll in more than 30 credit hours and/or declare a degree or certificate as your major: (not required for Transients, PSEO or High School Dual Enrollment) :
- High School transcript signed and sealed by the school annotating graduation date
- GED transcript from testing agency (Certificates without scores are not acceptable.)
- Certificate of completion of an approved home school program signed by the program principal
- Academic transcript showing successful completion of at a least (60 earned semester hours) at an accredited institution.
- PLACEMENT: Submit ACT/ SAT scores, take the COMPASS placement test, or provide proof of successful completion of math and english courses equivalent to those offered at EGCC.
- COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS: New requirement for Fall 2015 and all future applicants.You MUST submit official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have previously attended even if you did not earn credit at the previous institution.
Transcript evaluations will be conducted only after receipt of all transcripts. The process may take up to three weeks depending upon total volume, and therefore, it is recommended students wishing to transfer credit to apply toward a certificate or degree program should submit requirements at minimum four weeks prior to their intended registration.
- ACADEMIC ADVISING & REGISTRATION: Once your application and transcripts have been processed and you have established placement you are then able to meet with an Academic Advisor to create your initial schedule.
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: After your initial schedule has been created you will be required to attend a New Student Orientation. Details will be sent via mail prior to the start of the semester.
Eastern Gateway Community College
Jefferson County Campus
4000 Sunset Boulevard
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
PHONE: 800.68.COLLEGE x1993