Natural Gas Technology (ATS)
The Natural Gas Technology Program at Eastern Gateway Community College will offer the student a comprehensive program which includes classroom, laboratory, and field experiences in natural gas exploration, drilling, well completion, production, processing, and distribution.
The curriculum also includes fundamental courses in mathematics, chemistry, physics, and related engineering subject matter which will provide the NGT graduate with a strong foundation.
The NGT program will focus on the development of the natural gas reserves in the Appalachian Basin including the Marcellus and Utica Shale. The graduate of the Natural Gas Technology program will be prepared for a rewarding career in this vital energy sector.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Communicate effectively using language and concepts of the oil and gas industry.
- Use the scientific method to define and solve problems independently.
- Use a variety of laboratory techniques with accuracy, precision and safety.
- Interpret scientific information accurately.
- Demonstrate proficient mathematical and computer skills in data gathering and analysis.
Eastern Gateway Community College's Student Success Plan/Assessment is available for view in PDF format.
This information is presented as a general program overview. Students are advised to follow the more detailed college catalog for program requirements.