Federal regulations require that the participants be at least one of the following:
- A low-income student (family meets Federal Government Income
- Eligibility Guidelines, verified by Eastern Gateway
- A first-generation college student (signifies that neither parent nor guardian has graduated from a four-year institution at the time of student’s enrollment)
- A college student with documented disabilities.
EGCC TRIO/SSS participants MUST be:
- An undergraduate student.
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- A student with academic need.
- A student with commitment to succeed in college.