Eastern Gateway offers career assistance to all students and alumni. This service is designed to assist in the quest for part-time and full-time employment. An annual Career Service Day is held on the Jefferson County Campus, and potential and past graduates are encouraged to participate.
Career services are especially important to students seeking full-time employment upon graduation. Career registration may be completed at any time by an EGCC student, by submitting a resume electronically to the career service office. Resume assistance is provided. Graduating students are encouraged to register during the first semester of the year they intend to graduate.
The Career Service Office uses the college’s website and College Central Network for all job postings and listings. Employers' employment postings may be listed at www.collegecentral.com/EGCC. Students, graduates, and alumni may register at this site.
Check out these links for job information and listings. For additional website addresses, e-mail the career services office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- www.hirenet.net using the code JEGCC2817. This site shows job openings across the U.S.
- www.employmentguide.com This site shows Pittsburgh area jobs.
- www.airmail.com This site shows Pittsburgh International Airport jobs.
- www.ypss.com This site shows summer jobs.
- www.scsc.state.pa.us This site is for Civil Service positions.
- www.employment.pa.gov This site is for Non-Civil Service positions.
- https://ohiomeansjobs.com/omj/ This site connects employers with job seekers who live in Ohio, near Ohio, or want to move to Ohio
- www.indeed.com This site is a search site for employment opportunities by major
- www.cwds.state.pa.us Pennsylvania Career Link for job postings
- www.statepatrol.ohio.gov. Career Link for Ohio State Highway Patrol
- www.bright.com This site shows job openings across the U.S.
- Contact the Career Services Office for additional career links
NOTE: On First Energy's career website, Power Plant Technology can be found at First Energy.