Commercial Driver's License Training Plus PEC Compliance
Eastern Gateway Community College presents two-part training to prepare you to obtain your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). This comprehensive program exceeds the maximum state requirements. Additionally, you get PEC SafeLand Compliance training.
Dates and Training Costs, click here.
Part One: Students take the four-week Truck Driving Academy from Southern State Community College.
Part Two: Students take 24 hours of PEC SafeLand Compliance training from Eastern Gateway Community College. This training provides an added credential that other schools do not give and will make a graduate more marketable.
Truck Driving Academy from Southern State Community College
Southern State’s highly qualified, experienced instructors will be with you every step of the way, so you can be assured of the highest quality training available. You will receive the most comprehensive, most affordable training in the state.
- 160 hours of comprehensive training
Practice time behind the wheel and plenty of it!
Free lifetime job placement assistance
State-certified instructors with a minimum of three years’ experience and licensed with the Ohio Division of Public Safety
Modern equipment, comparable to that operated by local and national trucking fleets today
Third party testers, including the Ohio Highway Patrol
Partnerships with respected logistics providers to place our graduates. Major trucking firms prefer to hire graduates from qualified programs like Southern State’s.
PEC Core SafeLand Compliance from Eastern Gateway Community College
The PEC Compliance program offered by Eastern Gateway brings together the health, safety and environmental training certifications most requested by oil field operators. PEC Compliance is SafeLand accredited and is accepted by every major and most mid-major operators in the USA. SafeLand certification is the environmental health and safety standard specifically designed for the U.S. Onshore Energy & Petroleum industry.
Program Description: 24 hours over 4 days
Certification: Upon successful completion of course, each student is issued a picture ID with a unique barcode. The student information is then stored in PEC’s online database. Areas covered during PEC Core Compliance training include:
- SafeLand Certification
- SafeGulf Certification
- Offshore Orientation (API RP 75 & API RP T-1)
- Confined Space Entrant/Attendant (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1000)
- Lockout/Tag-out (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147)
- Fall Protection (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.500)
- Hazmat (HM 126) (DOT 49 CFR Part 171)
- Hazardous Communications (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing Conservation (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.95)
- Emergency Response
- Process Safety Management
- Welding Safety
- Defensive Driving
- Hazwoper (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 & API RP 75)
- Fire Protection
- Medical Records
- Forklift Safety (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178)
- Respiratory Protection (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134)
- Electrical Safety
- Terrorism Response Awareness Program (TRAP)
- Back Safety
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Awareness
- Offshore Waste Management
Register with Southern State Community College
Total Cost: $5,300
Call 800.68.COLLEGE x1910
For More Information: 800.68.COLLEGE x1910